Perhaps T.J. means he wants to remove the middle section of the car
and hook the top and bottom back together to make a modified version
of the car?

Could one of those amazing perspective/distortion tools help in such a
process (far more advanced than anything I've ever done)?

Elle

http://ninedegreesbelow.com - color management & open source photography