On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 22:17 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
> I have a Nikon D800 with a 24-70 mm lens and a 70-200 lens.  These are
> standard lenses for the camera.   The filter GimpLensfun shows the
> camera (as well as the D800e) but doesn't have entries for either of my
> lenses.  I've been trying to use the filter leaving the lens choice
> blank.  Does that make any sense?  Something happens, but I' m not sure
> the correction is accurate.
>
> I usually shoot NEF and use darktable to process my images, and that has
> the same problem.  It show the same choices of lenses but neither of the
> standard lenses.   Presumably the problem is with the Lensfun database.
> I know that I can in principle produce correction tables myself, but it
> seems like a lot of work, and I haven't been able to figure out how to
> do it.

Let me add that I checked /usr/share/lensfun and while it doesn't have
an entry for the 24-70 mm lens, it does have one for the 70-200 lens.
So why doesn't GimpLensfun show that lens as a choice for the d800?
Where is it getting its information about lenses if not from
that file?

--
Leonard Evens l...@math.northwestern.edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University