On 10/21/2013 06:15 AM, horrido wrote:
I'm new to GIMP. I installed Version 2.8.4 on my Mac mini (with standard Windows
keyboard). The very first thing I'm playing with is the Clone Tool. There's a
dearth of information on how to use this tool, but the few scraps I found
suggest that all I need to do is press CTRL and use the mouse to select an area
to clone. However, every time I do this, I bring up a context menu (File; Edit;
Select; View; Image; Layer; Color; etc.). The cursor consists of a stamp,
crossed-out circle, and dotted circle (representing the brush).

I've tried everything I can think of, but I am absolutely puzzled by this. It is
so unintuitive and opaque. What can possibly be wrong???

On the Mac we use the Mac-ish modifiers, so when online docs speak about
Control you would use the Command key. Also, look at the statusbar, it
should always give hints about what modifiers each tool supports in each

The online docs are mostly about Linux/Windows shortcuts, you are welcome
to help improving them, we are short on manpower.

gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org