On 11/10/2013 12:00 PM, Carusoswi wrote:
Depends on your Linux distribution.
E.g. you may have to override an "obsoletes."

Or maybe you're using Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X?

Liam

Old thread, but I have the same question, and do not comprehend clearly the
solutions suggested here.
I am running Ubuntu 13.10, and would like to install the experimental version
Gimp 2.9.1 alongside 2.8.8.

Can you tell me exactly what I need do to make certain that 2.9.1 installs in a
different directory, etc.

Thanks.

Caruso

I wrote an article showing how to install different versions of Gimp in different prefixes, in Linux:

http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/build-gimp-in-prefix.html

I don't know anything about installing Gimp in Windows.

Elle