On 11/10/13 08:14, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
> I usually use digikam for managing my photos collection and gimp to improve
> some photos.
> In the past I simply saved under a different name and I had the orignal and
> the
> "improved" image in my digikam collection next to each other.
> Now digikam moves the "improved" photo to the end of the collection.
> digikam thinks that Time and Date of the photo changed.
> exiv2 is also not happy with the modified IMG_0243b.JPG
> Has anybody an idea, what is going wrong now?

Try using
  exiv2 -u -p a

There are a number of different timestamps, including:

Exif.Image.DateTime                          Ascii      20  2010:09:11 20:12:47
Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal                  Ascii      20  2010:09:08 14:14:47
Exif.Photo.DateTimeDigitized                 Ascii      20  2010:09:08 14:14:47

exiv2 without arguments prints Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal
(I think that's the one it uses)
as the reported "Image timestamp"

Exif.Image.DateTime is the more correct date for when the image itself was

gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org