On 11/10/13 08:14, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I usually use digikam for managing my photos collection and gimp to improve
> some photos.
>
> In the past I simply saved under a different name and I had the orignal and
> the
> "improved" image in my digikam collection next to each other.
>
> Now digikam moves the "improved" photo to the end of the collection.
>
> digikam thinks that Time and Date of the photo changed.
>
> exiv2 is also not happy with the modified IMG_0243b.JPG
>
> Has anybody an idea, what is going wrong now?

Try using
  exiv2 -u -p a

There are a number of different timestamps, including:

Exif.Image.DateTime                          Ascii      20  2010:09:11 20:12:47
Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal                  Ascii      20  2010:09:08 14:14:47
Exif.Photo.DateTimeDigitized                 Ascii      20  2010:09:08 14:14:47

exiv2 without arguments prints Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal
(I think that's the one it uses)
as the reported "Image timestamp"

Exif.Image.DateTime is the more correct date for when the image itself was
generated.

Gary