Exif.Image.DateTime is the more correct date for when the image itself was

I've just checked that and found this explanation to be correct.

But nevertheless, Gimp rewrites some other EXIF-Information it rather shouldn't, like Fnumber. Identifying the orignal photo with ImageMagick

identify -format "%[Exif:fnumber]" photo.jpg

yields e.g. 37/10, whereas the same command on the Gimp JPEG export yields f/3.7. I admit that's smarter, but has to be dealt with in my script. There are a few other data entries which are also deleted or modified.

When modifiying a JPEG image, Gimp should restrict rewriting of EXIF entries to those that have really been altered.

Wolfgang Hugemann
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org