> From: animatrix1...@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 05:47:09 -0600
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Close buttons and Single Window mode
>
> Is this the same as the Ctrl+W command, or are you speaking of something
> different?
>
> Madeleine
>

> On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Terrell Kelley
> <terrell.kel...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > When you changed the behavior of the close button in single window mode,
> > you made it where there is no longer an easy way to close the view instead
> > of the entire application. My suggestion is that you add a close view
> > button to the menu bar, being an X that is on the far right side.
> >
> > Ordinarily I would think this was a feature request and wouldn't have
> > bothered for 2.8, but I've seen you do a lot of other things I would have
> > thought would count as feature requests. And the problem IS a result of
> > something you changed in a point release (2.8.4, I believe). So I'd really
> > appreciate a 2.8 release with a close view button in single window mode.
> >
> > Either that, or at least an option to always show tabs, even if you only
> > have one view open. That would also give me a close button.

I noticed this recently, too, that in SWM when you hit the Close button on the
application window it issues a Quit command (Ctrl+Q) when previously it issued
a Close (Ctrl+W) command.

In some cases this is useful behavior but in others it is not. :(

Related: Windows GIMP needs to have Ctrl+F4 mapped as a keyboard shortcut for
Close Window.  It's a very common Windows shortcut for closing a 'child' window
(tab, etc.).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com