Owen writes:
> 1. Use one of the select tools to select the shoes
> 2. Use the quickmask to refine the selection
> 3. Cut the shoes out and paste as new layer on preferred floor

4. Use the eraser tool and a fuzzy brush, and vary the brush size
for different parts of the image.
5. Add a layer mask and paint on the layer mask (ends up being
similar to using the eraser, but a few more steps and more easily

When erasing (either with the tool or with a layer mask), I find it
helps to add another layer underneath in a very garish color, like
bright yellow or magenta -- it's easier to see what is and isn't
there than it is against white or the grey transparency checkerboard.

gimp-user-list mailing list