On 01/31/14 05:05, uga...@talktalk.net wrote:

> You cannot actively colour manage a workflow unless you have colour
> calibrated your monitor.

I understand that, and have that on my list of things to get done.

> Also, you do not say if you are printing to Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper,
> nor do you say
> what profile/media settings you have selected in the printer driver.

Epson premium glossy paper user, selected in the driver

> The default RGB space has to be something if colour management is active.

true, but not necessarily used.

> However, it is unlikely yourdigital photographs will use this colour space.

As far as my own images go, I'm starting from raw, so the color space is
whatever I export with the image from ufraw.

> ProPhoto RGB, is a wide colour gamut, developed by Kodak.
> It much wider than sRGB and is also sometimes called ROMM RGB.

Didn't realize at first that ROMM RGB was another name for ProPhoto;
found that subsequently, thanks.

What I don't understand is this:
I have physical prints from cone color on Epson premium glossy photo paper,
printed with conecolor k3 inks which were designed specifically to be a
very close match for epson ultrachrome k3 inks.
Regardless of what the image looks like on screen,
if I import the image and keep its embedded profile,
then print it using the appropriate profile for the printer + paper + ink,
I should get an image that closely matches the professionally supplied
one.
I'm not; it's got too much yellow in the skin tones.

In the gutenprint print dialog, under the "Output" tab, by default it has
the following settings:
  Color Correction:  Default
  Image Type:        Mixed Text and Graphics
I set Image Type to "Photograph", but left Color Correction alone.

If I set Color Correction to "High Accuracy" I see no difference.

Gary