Hi,

On 02 Oct 14 10:21 Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> said:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Starkman <for...@gimpusers.com>
> wrote:
> > Say, in that I'm new to GIMP (I have ver. 2.8), I've found a lot
> > of videos on the Net. So the question I have is how far back in
> > video years (and versions of GIMP) can you go before the videos
> > simply aren't relevant to 2.8?
>
> GIMP 2.8 was released in early May 2012, if that's any help :)

And with material earlier than that it will depend on the task the
video covers and/or how much the person viewing it can cope with
"cosmetic" changes in the interface.

It might have been better for the OP to describe what he hopes to
achieve with GIMP and ask whether a specific video offers the best
advice for that task.

Greg Chapman