Hello. Removed GIMP 2.8 and downloaded the 'stable' version, GIMP 2.8.14, from
gimp.org this morning. Installed. Error after error after error. After approx. 4
min. it finally finished after about 20 'OK' clicks. *.exe files of various
names were not found.    ' The procedure entry point g_variant_dict_ref could
not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll'.    Would not open
its own files or any other that its previous version created. Removed all traces
from hard drive and registry; Rebooted. re-downloaded and installed again. Same
thing as before. Screen captured a video of the errors. Went to Bugzilla and was
immediately overwhelmed by the technical layout. I am not a coder so all this
was alien to me. The deeper I went, the more confused I became. 5 minutes
later......bye. Installed my old GIMP 2.8 and it installed without any
intervention on my part. Works as I expected it to. ???.
While I am here...Thanks for the plugins. Will use them in current version.

* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/164/original/GIMP.JPG

larwil (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list