>as it happens very often that other programs put files into the system
>and so provide errors in Gimp. I would suggest to add a check in the
>installer and don't let the user install Gimp as long as there are
>file at
>places where they could crash Gimp. What do you thing?

Hey folks, seems the problem persists. Removed old GIMP ----- clean install of
new GIMP, only opened .xcf ---- removed new GIMP ---- clean install of old GIMP,
peachy dandy ---- installed new GIMP on top of old GIMP ---- same problem (no
libglib*** in system32 folder or anywhere else other than GIMP folder) ----
re-installed older GIMP over new GIMP, problem solved again. Don't know if this
site will accept a 11 meg. FLV. Currently the older GIMP will open all of the
files, and probably more, shown in the attachment. Currently open together --
.svg, .pdf, .eps, .bmp, .png, .jpg, .bmp, .psd (T-template 150MB), .gif, .tif
(265MB), .another .png, .tif (hi-res 610MB), .another .svg, .xcf. *sigh*.

* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/165/original/GIMPcapture.JPG

larwil (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list