Hi Alex,

>>> If you *ask* the user whether they want to have their data treated as
>>> "bonified same as GIMP's sRGB" and then use optimized sRGB-only code,
>>> that's one thing. Doing so behind the user's back, without their
>>> consent, that's another thing. That is disrespecting the user's
>>> control over their RGB data.
>> This is critical.  If I'm working with a wide-gamut profile, I really
>> really really don't want gimp screwing with the rgb data without my
>> say so.
> Frankly, I'm puzzled. It's been, how many? 8 years? since GIMP asks
> users what it should do with a picture that is tagged with a profile
> that doesn't match the current RGB working space. Has anyone actually
> suggested that this is going to be otherwise? :)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the discussion.  Gimp asks when one opens an
image what one wants as the working colorspace.  But we're talking
about operations *after* the image has been opened and the working
colorspace has been established.

Once I establish the colorspace, I expect all operations to be performed
in a manner which is consistent with and preserves that colorspace.  If
some operation deals in some other space without my knowledge, that's
not good.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding the discussion.

gimp-user-list mailing list