Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

I have made the plugin executable.  After GIMP restart, I can't find it in
Plugin Browser. If I search for "golden" all I find is the Golden Rule
Guide that I also installed and it is showing up in GIMP and working
properly.  I don't see the golden spiral at all by searching in the plugin
browser.

That does lead to a different question, though.  Should this be in the
scripts folder or the plugins folder?

Thanks,
Dave

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:04 AM, rich2005 <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >I've got GIMP 2.8 on OSX Mavericks and I'm trying to use this script:
> >

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/golden-spiral-0.0.py/download
> >
> >I've tried putting it in /Users/myusername/Library/Application
> >Support/GIMP/2.8/scripts and in /Users/myusername/Library/Application
> >Support/GIMP/2.8/plugins. I have verified that both of those paths are
> >set
> >in the GIMP Prefeferences/Scripts and /Plug-ins settings.  Either way,
> >get no errors when starting GIMP and I can't find the menu options to
> >use
> >the golden spiral in GIMP.  Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dave
>
> I am sure ofnuts will be along soon
>
> but on a more general basis, applicable for any plug-in.
>
> Have you made the plug-in executable?
>
> After a Gimp restart, does it show in Help -> Plugin Browser (enter golden
> in
> the search box)
>
> If it is not there then it is wrong-place/not-working
>
> Working and that tells me it is in the selection menu.
>
> And indeed it is there and works here PCLinuxOS and Gimp 2.8.14
>
> --
> rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Peace,
Dave

Thibault Fine Art--inspired by light and perspective
http://thibaultfineart.com