This is a shot in the dark, but it kinda sounds like there may be a
filter window open in the background. Probably not, but many a time I've
opened up a dialog and then got distracted and that window went to the
background under the main gimp window and it takes me a while to figure
it out. Hope you sort it out though. Gimp has always been stable for me.

Cheers

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015, at 06:18 PM, Pat David wrote:
> What OS are you on?
> If windows, do you also have an antivirus program running as well? If so,
> does pausing/turning off the antivirus stop the problem from happening?
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 4:41 PM Madalrian <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>
> > I have almost completely given up on gimp just for this unbelievably
> > frustrating
> > problem, when I open gimp I can click a couple things then it just stops
> > responding to clicks. I can do things with the keyboard and sometimes get
> > the
> > mouse to select things again but it stops after one or two clicks! I tried
> > access input devices to change my mouse to "Disabled" but i cant even
> > click the
> > option for it. I have looked up quite a few google searches trying to find
> > an
> > answer and have come across nothing that helps me, as the best description
> > I can
> > come up with is the mouse does not click. If anybody could help I would
> > greatly
> > appreciate it!
> >
> > Attachments:
> > * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/189/