Greetings to all,

This is likely to be of more interest to fellow GIMP photographers, and
is a first post by a GIMP user of rather elementary skills.
Nevertheless, it might be of interest, so here goes.

I recently became interested in luminosity masks and their connection
with the Zone System. While trying to come to terms with how I could
make zone masks in GIMP, I gradually got deeper into things until I
decided to write the process down for future reference. The write-up is
somewhat long, but it is accompanied by a python-fu script to cut
corners for a quick hands-on.

If you're interested, you'll find the link below [1].

I would like to thank Pat David for finding how to make luminosity
masks in GIMP, and making it public. Without his help I'd have a much
harder time.

Best regards,
pdi

Links