Don't worry about the resolution of the image. Just worry about the dimensions.
Scale it down to whatever you'd like and then scale it back up to the original
dimensions. Like so:

1. An image is 500px x 500px
2. Scale it down to 250px x 250px
3. Scale it back up to 500px 500px

 That right there will half the quality, making each pixel of the scaled down
250px x 250px image take up four pixels instead.

I hope this is what you needed!

- Kasim

Sent from my iPhone