Hi Belleo,

do you remember which version of GIMP you used on the previous systems you had?
The latest stable GIMP has been in version 2.8.x since 2.8.0 was released around
- three years ago (see https://github.com/GNOME/gimp/commits/master/NEWS ), and
not too much changed in the UI there.

        Shlomi Fish

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:09:55 +0200
Belleo <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Sorry if this is a rant. I've been on the brink of pulling all my hairs out
> over the last couple weeks.
> So I've been a heavy gimp user for years. And I have developed some amazing
> graphics with this software. Loved it, preached about it and swore by it.
> However, I recently purchased the latest Macbook Pro, OS Yosemite, and I feel
> like my design world has been shattered.
> The interface of the latest GIMP installed has been anything but pleasant. It
> looks and functions very clunky. Everything seems so much more complicated.
> For example, adding text has become a pain. There is a static box that hovers
> over the text as you type and it is so annoying. It is painfully difficult to
> move the text box around to your desired location, right now I have to drag
> the edges out to move the text box.
> To top all of this off, all my exported images come out blurry and distorted.
> Is there a way I can get my old gimp back??? My livelihood depends on me
> creating beautiful graphics and I am not ready to fork over thousands of
> dollars for Adobe.

The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience, and
    — http://perldoc.perl.org/perl.html