On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 20:30 -0800, David Benfell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Fiddling with anti-aliasing and hinting isn't working for me. Any
> text I add to an image is horribly pixelated and the help I'm finding
> with web searches isn't working. I've tried adding the text at full
> size and I tried scaling the image to twice the size and adding text,
> and then scaling it back down. It still looks unbelievably awful.
OK, my telepathy skills are failing me here, and there is no single
Maybe some more details will help...
* what font are you using *exactly*?
* which GIMP version on which operating environment (e.g. gimp 2.2 on
Mac OS 9, or gimp 2.8.14 on Mageia Linux 5, or what?) *exactly*?
* If it's GIMP 2.8.14 unger GNOME on a GNU/Linux system, is the text in
other applications also pixellated in the same way? You might have
disabled antialiasing system-wide, for example?
* what size is the text, in pixels?
* how are you adding the text? E.g. are you using the GIMP text tool,
or are you pasting pictures of text?
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: email@example.com
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list