On 07/11/2016 01:25 PM, John_D wrote:
> The "File/Print/Image settings" tab allows for specifying "centered" or for
> setting top and left margins, and the image in the preview pane adjusts
> accordingly; but when printed these settings have no effect: the  image is
> always at top left.
>
> I must be missing something?

If so, I have been missing the same thing for years.  Maybe somebody on
the developer team can cast some light on this.

Meanwhile, I import images made in the GIMP into a Scribus document,
using guide lines on the Scribus canvas to set margins, and export the
page(s) as PDF.  This method does work, enables one to print with any
printer via any operating system, and provides advantages in terms of
the ability to lay out pages with multiple images, text, etc.

:o)