> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 00:05:59 +0200
> From: for...@gimpusers.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> CC: notificati...@gimpusers.com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Margins for printing
> For someone whose typical use is to tweak and crop an image and then,
> often, print it, that seems a rather fundamental bug....
> John_D (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Well, the GIMP workaround is simple enough: once you've decided on a print
resolution, pad your image canvas out by the desired margins.  It's not precise
but it works.

I don't understand how this occurs either (there seems to be a 10:1 ratio
between the specified print margin and actual result), but I don't think the
GIMP devteam in general really does either given their dearth of Windows
developers.  And while I'm generally willing to dive into some source files and
see if I can spot something relevant, not knowing what I should even be looking
for is a huge problem.

-- Stratadrake