On Thursday 21 July 2016 20:50:29 Akkana Peck wrote:

> Gene Heskett writes:
> > Greetings everybody;
> >
> > I just went to add some text to some pix I just shot to be followed
> > by moving the edited copies to my web page.
> >
> > But I opened the first one in gimp, clicked on the A to get the text
> > entry box, and no box appears.
>
> Are you clicking on the canvas after clicking on the A? The A just
> makes the text tool active; you have to click in the canvas to
> create a new text layer (and set its initial position).
>
>         ...Akkana

Clicking on the canvas left no mark on the canvas, nor did it open the
teeny text editor. And I just did an update, and now it works, and not
one of the 50+ updates looked to have anything to do with gimp.  And I
wonder if thats part of the reason I have thinning grey hair and a back
back, 81 years always sounds like such a worthless excuse.  I need to
restart tdm-trinity anyway, and synaptic says there is a newer api
compatible kernel, suggesting I reboot, so I guess its time.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)