Hmm. I think I'll try putting text into a fresh image.

(Sorry about the double pump. Blame it on the gmail web client. One of
these days, I'm going to divorce myself from big money's freebies, but
not today.)

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2016 01:22:32 Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> On Friday 22 July 2016 00:03:22 Rick Strong wrote:
>> > Make sure the SIZE is NOT in Px (pixels). Use Pt (points) or
>> > something bigger. Also make sure TYPE COLOUR (COLOR) is not black on
>> > black or white on white. Make it yellow; you can always change it
>> > later.
>> >
>> > Rick
>>
>> Nothing I change there makes it to the image.
>>
>> Snapshot attached. smunched to 63kb.
>>
> And stripped by the server.  How the heck do you expect your users to be
> able to show you whats gone aglay?
>
>> Thanks Rick.

Pardon the allt-the-way-to-the-bottom-post, but I'm responding to the
thread, not any particuar comment.

I just made a new image, everything at default, with v. 2.8.2.

Selected the text tool and clicked at a random point in the image.

Boy is that interface ugly. Patent issues, maybe?

I got an editing layer that is way too small to type anything in
unless I'm using a zero point font, and a text attributes widget with
the font/typeface selecter blank and the size set to 0px. Really
useful, eh?

So I stretched out the text editing layer and clicked inside it and
started typing, and I got a default sans font/typeface at 18 px,

And I can type within that layer, once I start typing.

Any clues in that for you?

--
Joel Rees

I'm imagining I'm a novelist: