If you're talking about the window and controls that appear when you're
configuring how you want it to be scanned (e.g. exposure, brightness/contrast,
crop area, etc.), this part actually *isn't* GIMP's doing at all.  It's
actually managed by the software drivers installed on your system, and GIMP is
simply calling on it to deliver a scanned image.

And, as the other person already stated, GIMP simply has NO scanner support on
Mac.  Whatsoever.  At all.

However, like I was trying to say earlier, this isn't the end of the story.
You can still access the scanner in some capacity outside of GIMP (preferably
with comprehensive exposure controls), then open the resulting saved image in
GIMP.  I can't be of 100% help here since I don't have a Mac myself to work on,
but I might be able to look up some steps if you answer these questions:

1 - Is it a dedicated scanner, or a printer/scanner combo unit?

2 - What brand and model number is it?

If I know that, I can start searching for answers.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com