No longer have a copy of Photoshop—I just remember the manual talking about it,
and that they seemed to have several different color standards available.

Sorry my memory of it is no better. It was at least two decades ago that I last
had to deal much with different color standards. Steve Kinney posted that PS
uses LAB, which fits my memories, but I seem to recall there were one or two
others available, at least for printing.

And regardless of whether you use RGB or LAB, printing will be CYMK. IIRC (and
I may not) LAB is closer to CYMK.

Ross