In order to ensure I have the latest version of GIMP, should I uninstall
previous versions before downloading and installing the most recent version?

I currently have 2.8.4 on my computers.

André Strydom  MMus, LTCL
Director of Music & Organist:
First Presbyterian Church
901 NE J Street, Bentonville, AR 72712, USA
Office: (479) 273-5450       Fax: (479) 273-5452
Cell: (479) 295-8161      Home: (479) 202-0096

CONFIDENTIAL: The contents of this email, including attachments, is intended
only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
destroy any copies of this information.