On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 00:29 +0000, Richard wrote:

[...]
> The first (and most obvious) alternative is to make this behavior a
> user configurable option in the GIMP preferences -- like we already
> have for whether the Move tool should default to picking to moving (I
> prefer picking).

Fewer options better. Easier to learn. Easier to help people. Easier to
test.

> A second alternative would be to give the selection tools a
> sensitivity threshold -- i.e. you must click and drag the cursor a
> minimum # of screen pixels before the tool will start the drag
> action.

This might work or might be irritating to people who want to move by
one pixel.

I wish we had on-click, on-drag script hooks so that this choice could
be scripted. Imagine making the default be to move and use
resynthesizer to fill in the missing details!

Without that, seems to me the current situation isn't bad, and that
there have been fewer complaints this way round, even though I can see
it's not ideal.

Liam [ankh]

--
Liam R. E. Quin <l...@holoweb.net>

The best thing about being a slave is not having a mortgage to pay.
Oh, wait... I'm doing this wrong.