I'll have to look at it.  It doesn't quite look like what I have in mind.

I'm thinking there needs to be a new layer type created, which isn't just a
regular layer, but is a modifier layer.  That modifier layer can receive
parameters where things from other layers can be linked into it, and then
acted upon by operations, such as you link a rectangle from layer A, rotate
it 90 degrees, decrease its scale by 30%, and move it to these X,Y
coordinates.  And then any time content from that rectangle in layer A
changes, those changes are reflected in the modifier layer through the
operations.

In that way, modifier layers perform operations to derive content for
display on their layer, or possibly to publish the content they modify onto
another layer.

It basically creates a worker layer that performs operations on content
without actually baking them into the bits, but rather generating them from
source bits through operations, and then using the generated portion, but
in a way that by altering the operation stack, or changing the original
source bit data, the changes push through to everywhere they are referenced.

A whole set of features could be added to the modifier layer, not the least
of which is the array modifier I mention.  But every operation we have
today could be added, and they could be performed in a stack upon that
original content source from another layer, or from a selected portion from
another layer.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin