On 02/09/18 17:08, Christopher Pova wrote:
Hello,

I am using v2.8.22 and have been for a number of months. As of the last
week or so, I've noticed that when I export my projects to psd and then
reenter them, all of my  branched layers have compressed to the root layer
and cannot be expanded. This has never happened before and is a huge
problem for my work. Please help.

By "reenter", do you mean opening the PSD again, or opening the XCF you saved at the same time as you exported the XCF? "Export" and "Save" are different, only "Save" guarantees that all your work is kept.