Ofnuts is correct, when you work in GIMP regularly you should always use "Save"
to save your project as a whole and only use "Export" when you are creating a
secondary copy for use outside of GIMP.  Even as a general rule, you should
always be saving work using a program's preferred default file format anyway.
Yes, there are certain workflow scenarios (especially involving other people)
where converting file formats is necessary, but....

Nonetheless, if your situation is that you are exporting a PSD and then
re-opening the PSD in GIMP and (somehow) the layer structure has been lost,
then this is definitely a problem, but we need you to analyze it further so we
can narrow down the cause.

Try opening the PSD file in Adobe Photoshop itself, and what do you get?

- If the PSD file is fine in Photoshop (layers and everything) then GIMP has an
import problem.

- If even Photoshop only sees one layer in the file, GIMP has an export problem.

And for now, keep a duplicate copy of the PSD file because if this is a GIMP
problem we will need a sample to figure out where things went wrong.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com