>Hello,
>
>I hope you can help me with this issue since I could not find an
>apropriate solution so far. For my report I am not allowed to use
>diagrams with colors which are not recognisable after a black/white
>copy anymore, like the one attached to this message.
>Since a normal greyscale of the attached plot makes blue (lowest
>value) and red (highes value) looking similar. This is not an option.
>I am seeking for a quick way to, let's say translate from a color
>range (blue to red) to a grey scale (white to black). Since I have to
>do this for several images I would appreciate a quick way, if there is
>one...
>
>I heard that there are more than one weighting algorithms like
>(R+G+B)/2 or 0,3*R+0,7*B+0,11*G and so on, but basically I would be
>interested in 0*Blue + maybe 30*Green + 70*Red to achieve White as a
>minimum (which is now marked with blue color) and black as a maximum
>(which is now marked with red).
>
>Thank you in anticipation.
>
>Best regards.

A possibility to try.

I know how it can be done. Use a Look-Up-Table (LUT) to replace one colour with
another. Problem is I can not find a ready-made LUT.

There is a Gimp plugin gmic-gimp-qt (note the qt version) that lets you assemble
a bespoke LUT see: www.gmic.eu for download and instructions.

Very tedious to set up: looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/DNM2PDK.jpg

However once done, the settings can be saved. Those settings can also be
incorporated into a script (attached), which runs the gmic-gimp-qt plugin.

Unzip, pop in your gimp scripts folder. Find it bottom of the Filters menu along
with gmic.

Produces this:  https://i.imgur.com/I79QxDS.jpg the plugin has lots of work to
do, so be patient, it gets there.

Note it is still RGB and needs converting to greyscale Image -> Mode ->
Greyscale

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/856/original/gmic_shell.zip