Sinc disappeared with the advent of GIMP V2.10. I believe that the best
interpolation to use may depend on the contents of the image. Try experimenting
with different interpolations. With V2.8 there were some issues with the Sinc
interpolation and I used Cubic then.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)