Please help!!!!!

I've just been putting some 6 or so hours into getting the GIMP installed.
Since I'm at work I couldn't install as root but put it under my user. It
installed allright, eventually, and I can run it and work on gif, cel, tga,
xcf, bzip2, gzip. When trying to load a postscript file (I know that it is
ok) I get "Can't find initialization file" in the terminal
window where I started gimp, and a dialog just tells me that it couldn't
load the image.

If anyone knows how to solve this I'd be sooooo happy.