> From: Andrew Pealing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:30:08 GMT
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Curved Text
> Does anyone know how to wrap text around a curve (eg ellipse) so that the
> whole text is curved?
> The only way I've found to do it is to move each letter individually and
> align them by eye.
> There should be an easier & more accurate way of doing it, but I can't
> find one.
> Andrew Pealing.

GIMP doesn't do this easily.  A much simpler solution is to use a vector
tool, export to PS and then import the file to GIMP.

There are two tools that can probably do this for you.  The first is
Sketch.  I believe there is a plug-in for that tool that can do text along
a curve (or some kind of curved text).  Another option is StarDraw (or
whatever it's called).  Both the 5.2 and 6.0 versions have a tool called
FontWork which will do text along a curve.  5.2 is a little more stable
than 6.0, but 6.0 is pretty nice too.

Once you save (or print) to a postscript file, you should be able to import
it to GIMP.  From there you can select, copy, and paste it into any other
Canvas window you happen to be working in.

Sketch: http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
StarOffice 5.2: http://www.sun.com/staroffice/

Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   Suburbia: where they tear out the trees & then
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |   name streets after them.