Does anyone have an example of a graphic for an e-book cover ---
the kind that looks like a 3d photo of the book? If so I would like to
borrow the xcf file and adapt it for my own use.

I considered taking a photo of a book standing on a white table at an
 angle and then editing that but I suspect that a good drawing would look
more real than the real thing.  I just lack the talent. Once I have the
outline, shadow etc.  I can cut out the cover part and put my own stuff in
there.

There are free gif's and jpeg's out on the web of books but they are
typically too small to be of use.

There are gif's of ebooks I could modify but
I don't want to rip off someone else's work without permission.

 I want to start full size or close to it. and then reduce down to the web
thumbnail.

Any assistance aoppreciated.

John Culleton