Someone sent some really amusing images of movie stars and what they would
look like 100 pounds heavier. The images were really well done. They had
"before and after" shots, so you could see the same image with a skinny and
hefty star. The pictures were amazing. As one who has labored over things
like this, I was astonished. I assume this was some Photoshop tool
(Enlarge? Supersize?), but wonder if anyone knows how this might be done in
GIMP?

Everything about the images is the same--these were not fatties grafted in
as they had the same clothes. Some distortion tool was used to select just
the one person and make them bigger. I am not interested in fattening
people up so much as seeing how to manipulate one person exclusively,
without the labor of fuzzy select, which is tedious and sometimes quite
challenging against a varied background.

Ideas?

if anyone is intereted in seeing a sample image, e-mail me and I'll send
one on.

Jim Clark