in a script I want among other things to copy an open image into another,
after merging the visible layers and scaling them down. But without changing
the original image.

I thought of copying the whole image into a new dummy image, make the
adjustments, copy the drawable to the destination and delete the dummy.

But I can't find a way to copy an image all in one. Is there the only
complicated way to copy all layers to the dummy and translate them? Or have I
got to make the adjustments to the original image and leave it scaled down
with merged layers and hope that it will not be saved?

What do you advise me to do?

Greetings from Volker

Volker Lenhardt
Am Spinnweg 19, 45894 Gelsenkirchen