Using 1.2.3 I found something just this evening that I used to curve
some text.  It's under filters->distorts->curvebend

Basically, you create the curve you want by adjusting the points on the
grid.  Worked well.  Unliklely you could do a complete circle.  To curve
text you need to adjust upper and lower.  If you do, say just the upper,
then you get text that grows towards the center, while the base stays
flat.  I hope that makes sense.

Hans - Walter Gardt wrote:
>>Paul Thomas writes:
>>>was wondering if Gimp can put text on a curved line. I need to
>>>have some text around the outside of a circular image.
>>Walker, Sam writes:
>>>My version of GIMP, 1.2.3, has a Script Fu->Logos->Text Circle plugin,
>>>that creates text in a circle.
>>Wow, I don't even have a Logos section in Script Fu, in either 1.2.3
>>(RH73 RPM) or 1.2.4 (from tarball).  I wonder what else I'm missing?
>>Anyone know where to get Text Circle?
> I use GIMP 1.2.2. The Text Circle Plugin is in the Logos Section of Script
> Fu. In the Main window you find it under XTNS, not in the Context Menue of
> the picture.
> Hope I could help you.

Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]