On Út, 2002-12-10 at 22:04, Ariel Kass wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know where i can get good info about using
> GIMP for creating PNG and MNG files. I've searched a
> bit and only got to sites with general info about the
> 2 formats but no practical uses and examples...

To my best knowledge GIMP doesn't handle MNG yet. You can use
Imagemagick to create them. Create PNGs from your animation (with larger
animations you may want to use 'split image to frames' from GAP). Once
you're done, you can do `convert -delay XX *.png anim.mng`.

However I noticed slight problems with RGBA animations, the transparent
areas wouldn't redraw. Perhaps there is a frame disposal method I
missed.

I also overheard someone hacking on a GIMP MNG plugin using libmng, but
I don't know any details.

--
Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>