Lately I've been keeping my websites under version control. I like to
keep only files that can't be generated from others. Currently, I'm
keeping jpegs generated from gimp files because I can't find an easy way
to convert from xcf->jpg on my server.

I noticed ImageMagick now can read both xcf and psd files. But I saw a couple problems:

- it failed on a xcf for me with "convert: Memory allocation failed (top-conn.xcf)." I've got a gig of swap free, so this seems unlikely.

- on the equivalent psd file, it just generated a png for each layer, not compositing them as gimp or Photoshop would.

Is there any other tool that can do this from the commandline? Or some around these problems with ImageMagick?

Thanks,
Scott