On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:29:19PM -0600, Scott Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I noticed ImageMagick now can read both xcf and psd files. But I saw a
> couple problems:

You could try xcftopnm, which comes with gimp. Since it starts gimp to
do the job, it's quite slow, but it should work for any xcf the gimp can
read.

Use it like (man xcftopnm should work, too):

   xcf2pnm xxx.xcf | pnmtojpeg >xxx.jpg
   xcf2pnm xxx.xcf | convert pnm:- xxx.jpg

> - it failed on a xcf for me with "convert: Memory allocation failed
> (top-conn.xcf)." I've got a gig of swap free, so this seems unlikely.

imagemagick is the biggets memory hog you'll ever see ;) You might want to
experiment with the -limit argument (man imagemagick), however, the limits
are per default unlimited, so this is very strange indeed and is probably
a bug in imagemagicks xcf-loader.