On Sunday 16 March 2003 09:30, you wrote:
> Dave Selby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > GIF does not seem to be there even though my "teach yourself gimp in 24"
> > manual says it can save in this format.
>
> Convert to "indexed" format (Image->Mode->Indexed) and try again...

OK tried it, saved it as test.GIF, no go, test.gif no go.

I generated a simple image, blank canvas, red circle, indexed it, saved as
.GIF, .gif no go

Im concerned because in my determine file type, the part I can see ! I have
...FLI GBR GIH GLCON HRZ...
ie no GIF, not even hazed out ...

The error when I try and save in GIF format is
Save failed
/home/web/Desktop/test.GIF: Unknown file type

Any ideas ?
Dave