From: Dov Grobgeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LaTeX command in GIMP
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:57:38 IST

Why don't you check out my TeX plugin that is part of the Perl/Gimp
distribution? You just type the LaTeX expressions and it renders the
result and makes it into a floating layer, just like ordinary text.

I also have a web page with some screen shots and explanations at:

       http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/gimp/tex-to-float/

It is also possible to manually turn a black and white image into a
floating layer of the text by the following steps that I just learned
last night on the #gimp list:

       1. Read the postscript file into gimp
       2. Mark the image with Control-A
       3. Copy the layer with Control-C
       4. Turn on the quick mask (The red square below the image)
       5. Paste with Control-V
       6. Image/Colors/Invert
       7. Turn off the quick mask
       8. You now have a floating layer that you can copy, fill, etc.

But using my plug-in is probaby faster.

Enjoy!

(And thanks to carol for letting me know that you asked the question
on this list.)

Regards,
Dov

Adriano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name's Adriano. I'm really desperate. I need to do a picture =
> containing some text formatted as in LaTeX. I mean that I need to write =
> a letter with the sign of a vector as you do in physics. Is there any =
> program that can help me? Is it possible to do it in GIMP? I'm sure it =
> is, but how? I actually need to do some simple image containing =
> rectangles, circles and lines. But I can I add the letter "\theta" or =
> "\vec{\omega}"?
> Please, answer me soon! Help me!=20
> Thank you!
>
> Adriano