On Wednesday 26 March 2003 06:35 pm, Daniel Carrera wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I've been using Gimp for a while.  I keep hearing that Gimp has a
 > 72dpi limitation and Photoshop doesn't, but I really don't
 > understand how that is.  I am interested in trying out some printed
 > postes, and I want to understand this issue beforehand.
(big snip)
==========================

Daniel,
Maybe this site will help you understand the differences between
Photoshop and Gimp.  It should also explain why you should use Gimp in
most cases as well.  :o)

http://manual.gimp.org/manual/GUM/Migrate.html

It's a good site to pass along to someone thinking about the move to
Gimp or Gimp & Linux, when they are trying to get away from all the
expensive software on a Windows or Mac machine.

I don't know the site, but I know there is info about the Film Gimp that
many of the Hollywood companies are using now in Linux to produce all
the films graphics.  I am not sure when the two Gimps will begin to
migrate, but it's pretty certain all the attributes Film Gimp has will
end up in Gimp as well.

Patrick

--
  --- KMail v1.5 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.1 ---
        Registered Linux User #225206