Hi! Ok, someone on a message board I moderate on asked how to make a
composite image from two images to be used as a desktop background.
Here are the source images:
He wanted to make the "matrix-1024" image the background and have Neo in
Someone replied to his post with these instructions:
1) resize Neo to 1024 x 768
2) make a new layer
3) copy and paste matrix background into Neo picture
4) send that layer to background
5) "add layer mask/reveal all" from layer menu
6) select Neo layer and select all white parts with the magic wand
7) fill the selected area with BLACK , the matrix background will appear
8) apply a little Blur to the Neo Layer to blur edges
So I decided to try this and I was able to get the wallpaper image
created. However, my version of "Neo" has a white line outlining him
whereas the person who posted the instructions produced a version with
NO outline using PhotoShop.
Why does my version have a white outline around Neo where the
instructor's version doesn't?
Gimp-user mailing list