Hi,

Mirco Müller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>     I was just wondering if it is possible to have gimp (1.3.15)
> start/open on a certain Gnome-workspace I set up. I have two
> workspaces in my current Gnome environment. One is called "Main" and
> the other "Gimp". Now I want to force gimp to workspace "Gimp" when I
> start it from the foot-menu (no matter if the currently active
> workspace is "Main" or "Gimp"). Is this possible? Or do I have to
> write a dedicated startup-script in order to accomplish this? I've
> searched with google for some time now. All the info I was able to
> find on the recent Gnome 2.x desktop didn't help in regards to this
> issue.

This is not GIMP related at all, GIMP can not even do this since it
doesn't know about workspaces. Workspaces are handled by the window
manager, the application doesn't see them. If you use a featureful
window manager such as for example Sawfish you can configure it to
match GIMP windows and make them appear on a certain workspace.

Sven