Tom Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi!  Has anyone had any problems with gimp 1.2.5 (or 1.2.3 for that
> matter) causing Enlightenment DR 0.16.5 to hang?  I was trying to save
> an image I created and after clicking the "Ok" button to save the image
> as a JPEG after specifying the image quality, etc., I heard a "beep"
> (PC speaker) and I could move the mouse but NOT click on anything.
> I was able to switch over to virtual console #1 (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and saw a
> message indicating an X client had been rejected by the X server.
> Unfortunately, I don't have any more diagnostic info than that.  :(
> Any ideas on what's going on?  It only seems to happen with
> Enlightenment.  WindowMaker and AfterStep both work fine.  Also,
> sometimes when running gimp with Enlightenment, some gimp windows will
> open OFF of the screen and I won't be able to click on anything again.
> For example, take an image that is 800x600 and when I use the guides to
> "carve" the picture into pieces (each 100 pixels vertically and each 200
> pixels horizontally) and use the "Perl-o-tine" script to perform the
> carving, the Perl-o-tine windows will appear and disappear as the script
> runs and some of those windows will appear OFF of the viewable part of
> the screen and gimp goes off into never-never land.

The obvious solution to this problem is: use a working window
manager. The GIMP is certainly not positioning windows outside the
screen. It's up to the window manager to position them. If your WM
decides to put windows off screen, it's about time to think about a
change. Yes, I know that this is not what you wanted to hear, but your
WM is obviously broken. Face the facts.