Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem when I use one of these tools, but it is a
strange problem and I find some difficulties in explaining it.
Nevertheless, let me try....

If I select the paintbrush and I draw a random curve on my picture, every
now and then some of the pixels of the curve are "displaced" either
horizontally or vertically. The effect is more visible with a not so small
brush (either soft or hard) and when the image is zoomed at least at 1:1

By itself this is quite annoying but it is not all: the effect is, in
fact, an illusion. The line, in reality, is well drawn and I can realize
this by the fact that if I zoom in and then out the effect disappears!!!

Did anybody experienced the same thing? What is the cause? How can I
correct this?

Thank you for your help

Fabio

PS: I also have a problem in compiling gimp 1.2.5 under mandrake 9.0: all
needed devels packages are installed, ./configure says everything is ok
and compilations starts ok and goes on for 10-15 minutes, then I get an
error.
But, for this, maybe it is better if I include in another post the last
few lines of compilation output...