Paths are merely taking an extra step for me lately. I put my points on the image, they don't "connect" the way they did in the other gimps, but you can accomplish all of that in the paths dialog. And who is to say that all of that "clicking" instant crap was worth it for what the new gimp gives you. Sort of nice to use the dialog that is so much more powerful, even if only to review all that it can do.

Also, I like that quickmask has been somewhat hidden. I tend to get sloppy with it, so i appreciate the extra time it takes me to get to it so I can review if I really want to go that route or not (there was a time that this was the only way to convert paths to selections). So better for me to dig for quickmmmask i guess.

All I need now is guash, image mosaic and a nice place to see everyones
new sweet plugins.

carol

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

IMHO 1.3.18 is fine enough --unless you use Paths and Bezier Curves --. This tool is not quite ready.

If you do not use them so oftenly, 1.3.18 is worth it, if not for anything else just for the "space bar temporarily changes to move tool" feature. That's a killer.