John Culleton wrote:

Further on htis task: I took the 5.5 x 8.5 image, put up a similarly sized blank next to it, and extracted the text with the color select as you suggested. Because the new image was grayscale the text came out essentially black. That is the good news. The bad news is that the original jpeg was 100dpi and I have jaggies. So I asked the customer to ask the cover artist for a 600dpi or at least 300dpi version of the cover artwork.

I the problem is jaggied text, you always have a few tries to go before starting over -
try scaling up the image (with cubic interpolation. In gimp 1.2 go file->preferences->enviroment->interpolation type, should be easier to find in 1.3), and them blurring the text with Gaussian blur (filters->blur->gaussian blur) of a few pixels, and finetune this blurring with the curves tool (image->colors->curves).


Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to